I have a confession to make…
I originally started writing this blog entry on December 2, 2009. Isn’t that sad?!
My desire was to start doing some “Friday Five” updates and that clearly didn’t pan out… maybe someday I’ll get there, but for now you’ll have to take what you get from me and my quickly moving attention span. But with the recent acquiring of a Motorola Milestone and a recent move back to St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador (which results in more personal time) there’s hope I’ll be updating more. :)
So I’ll leave what was in my original post and basically put it in italics. So anything in italicswas part of the original post. Everything else is part of my new commentary on this resurrected draft.
Instead of making up some silly New Year’s resolutions, how about I do a Friday Five and touch on areas I want to work on over the coming 12 months.
- Run a 5k – Shoot. Haven’t actually done this yet. Actually, my regular summer running was neglected this year due to added travel, my sudden change in employment, oh yeah and moving and having multiple weddings this summer. But I recently signed up for a beginner yoga class and am taking meditation classes too… so that still counts as a more healthy lifestyle (which was the main goal of the 5k run).
- Knit more challenging projects – I like to think I’ve done a pretty good job with this.
I took a class at The Knit Café to make an Elizabeth Zimmerman Baby Surprise Jacket. It was lots of fun and I want to do it again. I also took a short class with Fiona Ellis on how to knit cables. Oh and we can’t forget the class I took at Creative Yarns where Mairi McKissock was teaching two stranded/Fair Isle knitting. I made a bag for myself and then one for my mom as a surprise. Now I just need to learn how to knit socks…
- Update blog and videos semi-regularly – um yeah… that hasn’t gone so well. Hoping to change that now.
- Increase personal savings – I’m actually pretty pleased with my change in spending habits. There’s always room for improvement, but I’ve made a lot of progress in rationalizing why or why not to spend money on something.
- Improve my French skills – again, haven’t really done much with this one either. The original intent was to use the My French Coach Nintendo DS game that Matt gave me. Time to dust off the old DS and start at it again.
So while the year is more than half over (really more than 3/4 over), I’m doing pretty good with my Friday Five for 2010. If I manage to keep #3 on track, I’ll remind myself to post a follow entry to evaluate how this year panned out.