It’s been an insane couple of months, but here’s a quick overview:
- Sadly, I was laid off in mid-July due to an organizational restructure caused by financial changes at Kids Help Phone. No hard feelings. I’m still very much in touch with previous coworkers (they’re like a second family to me) and I continue to support the organization and the important work they’re doing for kids in Canada;
- After said layoff, I hopped on a plane and went home to St. John’s visiting family and friends and ramping up my local job hunt and expanding my network;
- The second weekend in August was filled with bachelor and bachelorette fun as friends for close friends getting married the following week (we were in Oro and/or Collingwood for pretty much the whole weekend);
- Shortly after, Matt received a job offer from an employer in St. John’s. The offer requested he start employment in St. John’s on September 7th… and so the crazy #mmvmNLmove began!
- The previously mentioned wedding was on August 14th and WOW was it fun! Two great friends are now hitched and spending their lives together;
- In mid August, I received a job offer from Memorial University (yay!);
- Our only free weekend in August had us hosting a “Mr & Mrs Middleton are moving, so come drink our booze and take our stuff” party. Seriously, that’s what we called it. AMAZING weekend was had by all;
- During the last weekend in August, my sister-in-law (Matt’s sister) was married in Barrie (another weekend out of town and just three days before the movers were arriving);
- The first week of September had movers arrive on August 30th (after an all-nighter of packing), Matt and I staying in a hotel for a couple of nights in Toronto (thanks to Hotwire.com), going up to Barrie on September 2nd for my mother-in-law’s birthday, and then flying out of the Greater Toronto Airport (YYZ) the morning of September 3rd.
So needless to say the past month+ has been a blur. I’ll try to write more about some of the above mentioned events, but it could take a while.
Being back in St. John’s has been amazing. We’re finding a good rhythm here and are settling in nicely. We even bought a new car! More details on that later…
So that’s it for now. Still alive and doing very, very well. :) And just to tease you a little, enjoy this photo taken from my uncle’s yacht back in July 2007. It was a beautiful day and we sailed around parts of Bell Island, NL.