Me: You know what? The baby had a bit of a rough night, so I think for once, I’ll take a nap when she naps this morning.
The Universe: Yeah you see, we have other plans for you today. Buckle up!
By 9:30 a.m.
- The 5 year old (5YO) woke up covered in her own barf (ever her hair didn’t escape the splatter zone).
- 5YO now must stay home from school for the day.
- First thing this morning, the baby had a poop-explosion of great magnitude (AKA full change of clothes required… should give her a bath later).
- The baby clearly has a head cold and it has made her cranky (which isn’t like her at all. Sin).
- Both children must be kept in quarantine of each other to help avoid the exchanging of sicknesses. Which is not easy when they both love to be all up in each other’s business and you can’t really reason with an almost 9 month-old.
- The laundering of 5YO’s bedding requires multiple rounds…
- Baby had a second poop-explosion resulting in a second full wardrobe change (gee, glad didn’t bother with that bath yet!).
- The pack n play was a casualty in the second poop-explosion… all things and bedding-like stuffs must enter into the laundry queue.
- Baby just spit up Cheerios… praying she doesn’t have 5YO’s stomach bug……….
And how is your Monday morning fairing so far?